It’s time for part 3 of our closer look at RFID frequencies. Last week I provided information about High Frequency (HF) Passive RFID and today I’m providing additional information about Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Passive RFID. 860-960 MHZ UHF RFID (passive) has the following characteristics:
- Read range: from approximately 1 inch to 10-20 ft.
- Reads multiple tags simultaneously
- Provides a fast data transfer rate
- Moderate memory: minimum 96 bits for EPC data and 512 bits to kilobytes for user data
- Supports the EPC standard
- Provides a worldwide frequency
Typical UHF RFID applications include:
- Retail and supply chain inventory management
- Inventory and cycle counting
- Asset tracking: airline baggage, tools, returnable transport items (RTIs)
- Track and trace: food traceability, pharmaceutical tracking
- Maintenance and inspections
Let’s Get Mobile! Contact DecisionPoint Systems, Inc. to learn more about the appropriate RFID technology for your application.