The adoption of 2D bar codes is growing, but 1D codes will be around for the foreseeable future. Having multiple devices for each type of code isn’t practical or cost-effective. A single device that can be used for 1D and 2D codes and can also capture both near and far codes is essential to streamline warehouse operations. The Motorola MT2000 Series of mobile terminals offers highly flexible devices that function as both a scanner and a mobile computer. The MT2000 Series eliminates the need for separate bar code scanners and key features include:
- 1D laser scanner performs up to 50 inches away and on damaged and worn bar codes
- 2D imager captures 1D and 2D bar codes as well as signatures, images and video
- High speed bar code scanning
- Same drop, tumble and temperature specifications as Motorola’s high-end rugged devices
- Bluetooth® technology for cordless connection to host device up to 300 feet away
- High resolution, high contrast QVGA Display
Check back tomorrow to watch a great video from Motorola Solutions that provides more information about the versatile MT2000 Series and how it can streamline processes throughout the warehouse.