In past posts I’ve provided information about a variety of different healthcare applications that can be improved with automation solutions. Today I’m providing information about the advantages ofutilizing RFID in the healthcare industry. RFID can be used for a variety of applications that improve safety and accuracy, such as:
- RFID wristbands-improves safety and accuracy with immediate access to patient information such as medical history, medications and dosage scheduling.
- Monitoring and Tracking Medical Equipment-quickly ensure all materials and tools are accounted for before and after operations by eliminating inaccurate manual processes.
- Pharmacy and Lab Labeling-prevent the misidentification of specimens and easily track items such as test tubes, vials and more.
- Supply Chain-RFID tags ensure end-to-end traceability for medical supplies, pharmaceuticals and more.
- Access Control-RFID-enabled access cards monitor and control access to restricted areas.