In our July 24 blog post, we introduced the topic of Mobile Payment Processing solutions. The focus of that post was on hardware. But what should you look for in the software necessary to make your mobile payment processing solution work?
Of foremost importance, the software should be Payment Card Industry PCI-compliant. Other key features to look for include:
- Accepts all payment types including all major credit and debit cards.
- Utilizes highly secure (PCI DSS Level 1 Certified) payment gateway.
- Merchant bank and processor neutral. The software should be certified with all major processors so you can choose the processor you wish and negotiate the best fee.
- Signature capture support to reduce disputes and still provide a full audit trail with only a 1-part receipt.
- If you’re planning to run either a mobile Field Services or Direct Store Delivery (DSD) application, you may also want to select payment processing software that can be seamlessly intergrated with your core application software.
Along with the above features, it’s also important to consider the fees involved. In addition to the fees accessed by the payment processor, typical fees include a non-recurring set-up fee per device, a monthly fee (usually based on the number of devices) and transaction fees (usually based on monthly volume).
DecisionPoint can supply you with the Payment Card Industry PCI-compliant software necessary to make your mobile payment processing solution work.