Mobile printing has proven to have universal benefits across vastly different industries. From field service to retail, mobile printing is enabling businesses to streamline operations and increase workforce productivity while reducing costs. For businesses making the move to mobile printing, Zebra has a few tips. Here are Zebra’s top 5 considerations when looking at adding printing to your operations:
- Ruggedness and Durability-mobile workforces need a printer that can withstand demanding conditions while in the field. The device must be able to withstand dust, dirt, drops and fluctuating weather conditions.
- Size-a mobile printer should be just large enough for the application. Full featured mobile label printers have many features, but they may be too large for a worker who just needs to print receipts in the field.
- Ease of Use-printers should be easy to load, LCD menus should be easy to read and they should be easy to operate. If field workers struggle with the basic operation and changing out media takes too long, the efficiency gains realized by mobility are lost.
- Total Cost of Ownership-inexpensive printers can’t withstand the conditions of field mobility and will have to be replaced often. Rugged printers may have a higher up-front cost, but they end up being less expensive over a 2-3 year period.
- Accessories-outfitting mobile workers with the proper clips, straps and vehicle mounts adds to the flexibility of mobile printing and improves efficiency.
Check out the DecisionPoint and Zebra mobile printing videos to learn more about all of the benefits of adding printing to your mobile operations.