In our January 4, 2010 post I provided information about micro kiosks and the variety of self-service applications they provide customers. I recently read an interesting article from RetailCustomerExperience.com that discussed the five ways that kiosk solutions can also help retailers extend their brand and grow business.
- Visual Stimulation-kiosks can provide colorful or flashy images and even advertising.
- Interactivity-integrating a touchscreen or keyboard engages customers with applications such as signing up for a newsletter, accessing reward and loyalty programs and more. Adding a kiosk printer also enables customers to instantly print coupons.
- Audio-music or voiceover entices customers to approach a kiosk.
- Educational Information-provide product information and utilize your customers’ senses so they remember their kiosk experience.
- Branding the Kiosk-customize kiosks to represent your company brand and provide a consistent message.