An Inventory Management System (IMS) offers basic wareshouse automation and will typically have a flexible location system, user-defined parameters to direct warehouse tasks and use live documents to execute tasks, and some level ofbuilt-in integration with data collection devices.
Standard IMS Features:
- Inventory Moves (bin to bin)
- Inventory Transfers (site to site)
- Define Locations
- Physical Inventory
- Cycle Count
- Single Unit of Measure (UOM) per Part Number
- Sales Order Entry, Edit, Delete
- Manage Customer Information
- Purchase Order (PO) Entry, Edit, Delete
- Manual Putaway
- Suggested Putaway
- Manage Vendor Information
- Understands inventory on a Part Number/Quantity basis
DecisionPoint provides supply chain software products and consulting services to businesses in a range of industries. Contact DecisionPoint Systems, Inc. to learn more about WMS products.