When making the decision to go mobile, it’s always best to work with mobility experts such as DecisionPoint who can help you choose the best hardware, right software and supply you with the support that you need. But it is also important to begin thinking about some key questions, such as:
- Which current processes could benefit from a switch to automated data collection?
- Do you require real-time access to data?
- Will your mobile devices be subjected to extreme environmental conditions such as hot/cold, rain, dust, etc?
- Will you require GPS to track employees?
- Will you want to lock down the device so mobile workers can’t add software or delete information?
- Will your mobile workers be on the move constantly, requiring a lighter-weight design?