Many types of businesses rely on field service teams. When field services operate at less than maximum effectiveness, many areas of the business are impacted–including customer satisfaction, service and retention levels as well as overall profitability.
Field service technicians need information in the field to efficiently and properly complete the job. Incomplete information results in longer service times and possibly a second service visit. This means higher cost, longer customer downtime and lower customer satisfaction.
With mobility, technicians have real-time access to business systems and automated data capture capabilities such as bar code scanning and signature and image capture.
Mobility can eliminate the challenges facing field service organizations including:
- On-site access to repair procedures, maintenance manuals and customer service history
- Dynamic scheduling that allows the identification and dispatch of the nearest qualified technician
- Eliminate manual data entry with automated forms and bar code scanning to enable the same workforce to handle more calls per day
- Accurate capture of and billing for all actual charges
- Signature capture and transmission of billing information minimize disputes and reduce the billing cycle from weeks to days
- Ensure the required tools and parts are available before dispatch